Wednesday, April 30, 2014

This Weeks Appointments in Review.

    

I officially have 5 days until my induction. That means the girls have 4 days to come out on their own! This week has been full of appointments but thankfully I will have the weekend free before the big day. Laundry, organizing, scrubbing, dusting, and relaxing is my plan! The following is the run down of my appointments from this week:


Monday I had an appointment with an OB that will be helping with the delivery of the twins. If a C-section is needed he would be the one to perform it. He was super nice and listened to what I had to say. He was also able to check my cervix for dilation and it turns out I am already 2cm dilated and 90% effaced. 

Tuesday I had my last appointment with Dr. Wood before the induction. They hooked me up to the monitors and did my final NST, turns out BabyB is stubborn already! She was giving us trouble in the beginning and a little through out the test. Over all the girls looked good and the machine caught some of the contractions I've been having. I asked my final questions regarding the induction and we discussed the day. No food after midnight on Sunday, instead of a L&D room I will be delivering in the OR in case a c-section is needed, if all three of us are healthy and good to go we will be able to leave 24hrs after giving birth, and so on. 

Wednesday (today) I had an appointment with my SIL & BIL. My SIL is a massage therapist and worked on my pressure points to try and kick start labor so I don't have to be induced. My BIL is a chiropractor and was able to get all the kinks out before having the girls! I was told that my body is extremely relaxed and ready for labor. More relaxed then the last pregnant patient he had that went into labor the day after she got adjusted and her pressure points worked on! Let's hope that means I won't be posting anything tomorrow unless it's photos of the Riley and Makenzie.

Thursday I see Dr. Dolkart for my final ultrasound of the girls. I will make a completely separate post regarding that appointment with ultrasound photos. Let's hope both girls are still head down or that they arrive before I need to go to the appointment!  


If you have any questions regarding my experience with twin pregnancy or what could happen during labor/delivery feel free to ask! 



No comments:

Post a Comment