Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pretzel Bites (bread machine style)



Not sure about you but every time I am at the mall I always end up at Auntie Anne's Pretzel Shop. The amazing butter flavor that the pretzels have is so delicious, not to mention the smell of them baking! My pregnancy cravings have been driving me insane and today I caved for one of them, soft pretzels. Here is how I ended my craving and made soft pretzel bites at home using my bread machine (that taste just as good as Auntie Anne's!)







Ingredients:

1 1/8 Cup Water
3 Cups Flour
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp Yeast

2 Quarts Water
1/2 Cup Baking Soda

Melted Butter
Kosher Salt OR
Cinnamon & Sugar


Directions:

In a bread machine combine the first group of ingredients (water, flour, b.sugar, and yeast). Select the dough setting and watch dough for the first couple mins adding flour or water, if needed, a tablespoon at a time.

Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and tear it into balls.

In a sauce pan bring water and baking soda to a boil. Drop the dough balls into the water, waiting 10-15sec, then remove to paper towels to drain. Place the already boiled and drained balls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10mins or until brown (it happens fast so keep an eye on them) in a 425 degree oven.

Brush with melted butter and top with salt or roll in cinnamon and sugar. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment